If you fail to comply with the Code of Conduct, you may be subject to disciplinary action ranging from informal feedback and coaching to formal disciplinary processes by the CEO of Hoops Connect and Belgravia Leisure Centre Management/Liverpool City Council. The outcome of such formal disciplinary processes may include termination from the program.
1. Focus on the child's efforts and performance rather than winning or losing.
2. Encourage children to always participate according to the rules.
3. Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing the game.
4. Remember that children learn best by example. Applaud good play by all teams.
5. Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from all games.
6. Respect officials' decisions and teach children to do likewise.
7. Show respect and appreciation of volunteer coaches, officials and administrators. Without them, your child could not participate.
1. Remember that children participate for pleasure and that winning is only part of the fun.
2. Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing.
3. Avoid overplaying the talented players. All players deserve qual playing time.
4. Develop team respect for the ability of opponents and for the judgements of officials and opposing coaches.
5. Teach your players to follow the rules.
1. Play by the rules
2. Never argue with an official. If you disagree, have your captain or coach approach the official after the game in a respectful manner.
3. Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials or other players, deliberately or provoking an opponent is not acceptable or permitted in any sport.
4. Work equally hard for yourself and/or your team. Your team's performance will benefit, so will you.
5. Be a good sport. Applaud all good players whether they are by your team or the opposition.
6. Treat all players, as you would like to be treated. Do not interfere with, bully or take unfair advantage of another player.
7. Co-operate with your coach, teammates and opponents. Without them there would be no competition.